Six Tips To Migrate To The Cloud
There is no doubt that the cloud computing services has become a delivery mechanism for increasingly popular IT tasks that are often complicated and time consuming. To help companies that are ready to migrate to the cloud-based services and also those that are beginning to consider this possibility, here are some tips for a safe transition. Following the suggestions, corporations ensure simplicity, economy and efficiency that the cloud has to offer.
1. Bigger is not always better: The cloud service providers are trying to find its position in an increasingly competitive segment. The reputation of the provider and the length of experience in the cloud matters more than size.
2. Understand your security needs: There is much speculation about security in the cloud, but there is little difference between the confidence that companies have in their service provider of Internet and other technology providers. Keeping that in mind, we can say that the demand and expectations of security of each organization are different. Therefore, it is important to understand how the supplier can meet those needs. Check references on the service provider and analyze cases similar to yours.
3. Learn the basics of data backup: Get to know how the cloud services provider backs up data and in the worst scenario, what if he gives up activities or if your company wanted to migrate your data to another provider. Seek to know more about the reputation of the provider’s storage resources, the number and location of data centers, infrastructure and redundancy.
4. Make sure you have good SLAs (Service Level Agreements): Certifications segment depicting a moment in time and do not necessarily indicate good performance. The best way to ensure good service is through Service Level Agreements – SLAs – with clear language. Look for vendors to disclose their financial performance and use values for cases of clear Service Level under the contract.
5. Evaluate standards of customer service: The best customer service departments for cloud services have experts available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Make sure that the customer service provided by the chosen supplier is able to meet the needs of your organization.
6. Test the service: The main advantages of SaaS ( Software as a Service) option is to offer a free trial, easy to implement. Most suppliers offer to those who wish to evaluate the services. Start with a free version that once evaluated and approved, can be expanded to include sensitive data and other mission-critical systems.
With the above tips, we hope that companies start to migrate to the cloud with more security and less of doubt, since the subject is still complex and brings a whole host of issues within organizations. The great challenge for companies now is to think about taking the first step toward the cloud.
And that is the first of many!