Colocation means nothing but moving one’s IT infrastructure to the Data Center or the fully managed & secured infrastructure. There are many reasons as to why one must move their servers to the data centers? It gives you the liberty to place your servers in a secure environment which is being monitored 24×7 by the highly qualified person and also is away from any natural threats that may occur any moment at any time. This is the safest, most secure colocation service available for the security of your data.
There are some specific set standard features of colocation services available, which are as follows:
1) A server is into the most reliable and secure infrastructure.
2) It’s been monitored 24x7x365 days by the thorough professionals.
3) The server or the equipment are protected against power failure.
4) It is protected against the natural threats caused due to natural calamities like flooding, fire, etc.
5) The data center infrastructure includes power feed and network uplink as standard, both power and network can be upgraded to meet one’s requirements.
6) Different State-of-the-Art Colocation Facilities to Choose From.
7) High Performance Switched 1.5 Mbps, 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps,1000 Mbps, and 10,000 Mbps Internet Port Plans.
8 ) The colocation facility provides a platform of Reliable High-Speed Internet Bandwidth
9) Simple Migration Path to 100 Mbps, 1000 Mbps, and 10,000 Mbps Internet Service as per the requirements
10) As far as the power is concerned it generally has full Colocation Facility 24 / 365 UPS and Prime Source Generator Backed Power to Protect In Any Power Emergency.
11) Cooling is one of the major concerned of data centers which is being sought out by Climate Controlled Environment With Redundant A/C Systems in Every Colocation Suite.
12) From a physical security point of view Individually Locked Secure Cabinets as a Standard – Cages and Racks are available with the data centers.
The above feature is the basic features which have been generally provided by the data centers along with their colocation services. It is always advisable to put your servers in safe hands.