Climate change is major problem in recent years and it is a geographic problem. And we can solve it by providing geospatial solution. From many days, GIS technology is useful for environment understanding, in strategic decision making and climate change monitoring also important in predictions of disaster risks in forest and agriculture sectors. Worldwide scientists, researchers, different policymakers rely on scientific analysis of GIS data and its database management functionality. GIS professional’s with varied expertise, knowledge, and having experience of best practices for implementing this advanced technology to climate change monitoring, carbon management, in disaster management. This valuable technology is important for identification of current and future risks and vulnerabilities of climate change, and so it is helpful for design and implementation adaptation operations.
Skillful expertize is required for the climate change detection through GIS techniques. Different information, ex pests, plant genetic resources and crop production and then these data united with the environmental datasets, such as land cover, weather for measurement of their current distribution and potential future estimated distribution under various scenarios of climatic change. Many environmental analysts using this technology for understanding such climatic complex issues and offering some important solutions.
Understanding global scale earth system and for taking strategic decisions, GIS base framework is very useful.
- Successful reforestation program can possible to implement due to deforestation identification on maps.
- Adaptive engineering projects leads from study of potential sea level rise.
- Optional energy sources i.e. residential solar rooftop programme and wind turbine sitting is implemented because of assessment of carbon emissions.
GIS applications in a Climate change detection:
- Growing forest and stopping deforestation is easy and fast way through which we can possible to reduce CO2 (Carbon di oxide) in the atmosphere and mitigate global warming. GIS techniques are important for monitoring carbon content. Forest carbon mapping can possible by using GIS technology
- Computer base GIS mapping and analysis is useful in geographic planning and environmental changes identification and for further implementing action plans.
- Climate mapping and prediction for future projected changes in climate by using GIS data.
- GIS climate change modeling is also useful for predict impact on the locations
- This techniques can possible to provide GIS web based application for climate change detection and future climate predictions. GIS techniques includes, query making, GIS statistical functions which is applicable in Climate projections and also using GIS can possible to display in maps, graphs and charts viewing and analyzing purpose.
We conclude that GIS & RS is very valuable technology for climate change detection and forecasting future climate.