Much has been said about Cloud Computing in the IT market, and we can see countless articles and comments about Cloud Computing. It is the theme of trend. But some settings are wrong.
I will present some definitions, terms and key points about this technology, basing myself in books and articles read beyond the day to day in my work. This article is based on a presentation that I use at work as Cloud Computing and the series of data from the Internet.
Cloud Computing is a term that defines the practice via the Internet to access a shared set of computing resources and configurable (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications and services) that can be quickly configured with minimal preparation, support or interaction with a service provider.
Cloud Computing promotes availability, is composed of five essential characteristics, four models of implementation and a range of service models.
The five key characteristics of cloud computing are:
- On-demand services – Immediate availability of resources.
- You are at the same time everywhere.
- Feature Set
- Regardless of the location
(The example of storage, processing, memory, network bandwidth, and virtual machines)
- Fast resizing.
- Paid by the exact use of the resource.
The four deployment models of Cloud Services commonly used in the market:
Private Cloud – Cloud Private
- Company owns property on the cloud.
Community Cloud – Cloud Shared
- Infrastructure shared to a group / company specific.
Public cloud – Cloud Public
- Sold to the public in general has a great infrastructure.
Hybrid Cloud – Cloud Hybrid
- Composed of one or more models cloud
Service Models based on Cloud Computing that are currently offered in the IT market:
- Management / governance-as-a-service
The three models of service in Cloud Computing Provided further in the World Market:
Cloud Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Software/Application Sold in the Cloud
Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Application of customer-implemented in the Cloud
Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Sales processing, storage, networking, memory, virtual machines and computing resources in the cloud.
- To be a service cloud, it must be implemented on top of the cloud infrastructure that has the key characteristics.