Today, we will see two performance models in eNlight Cloud, these two different models means that you can choose an option that going to be most suiting to your requirements.
In eNlight each performance model is based around the way that cache memory and RAM are used (Read More: How many types of Cache do you know?). Cache memory can be seen as being an extension to RAM, which is primarily used by computers to access information more quickly that can be done so from disk.
Under some circumstances the cache memory can grow unhealthily large and the result of this is that a majority of the RAM ends up being reserved for cache purposes; this is the main design of most Linux distributions because it improves the execution speeds of certain commands that have been executed previously.
The amount of RAM that is used for the purpose of cache memory can have huge implications on the performance of a Virtual Machine. The two performance levels that we offer so that you are able to fully enjoy the high levels of performance that eNlight offers are:
There are certain scaling limitations for you to be aware of:
Auto-scalability is one of the flagship features of eNlight Cloud is designed to provide Cloud Virtual Machines with additional resources when their base specifications begin to get exhausted under the loads that they are placed under.
With eNlight the computing resources that you’ve allocated to your Cloud VMs can be automatically increased when the performance of the VM could be called into question, with CPU and RAM being two examples of resources that can be managed in this way. So that you don’t end up with any unexpected huge bills, limits can be placed on the level to which resources are automatically scaled so that you don’t go over your budget.
The best thing about auto-scaling from eNlight is that all of this is done without the need to reboot the VM so not downtime is ever incurred! The platform is one of the most intelligent around and when it detects that a VM is in need of extra power, more resources will be pulled from the central pool that all VMs in the Cloud take their power from. As auto-scaling responds automatically to demand, you will only be billed for periods of high-usage, as the specifications of your VMs will return to their pre-determined level once the load decreases.
Resources are scaled up and down by eNlight as a percentage of resource consumption patterns. Scaling is done steadily, but is also fast and effective at the same time, as is the scaling down. As the scaling down is performed, the resources allocated originally are moved off your VMs and allocated elsewhere, often during off-peak hours as this is when demand is going to be at its lowest. This has proven to be popular because it means that businesses using eNlight are truly only ever paying for what they are using and ensures that redundant resources aren’t costing them money.
Although disk scaling isn’t available in eNlight Cloud, but we do offer a feature known as Elastic Storage that means you can add multiple disks to a single VM. These disks can be attached and detached on the fly and between VMs, without any data loss. This is why we believe that eNlight is one of the best options available options available for Disaster Recovery hosting.
Stay tuned, as we will discuss Performance Models in eNlight Cloud next week!
Summary: What keeps eNlight Cloud Computing on topmost? eNlight is a Cloud Service that is easy to use and easy to set-up if you understand its many facets and features.
1. Unconstrained Resources – eNlight cloud virtual server has virtually unlimited resources because of the architecture of the Cloud Environment. Whilst you can purchase a VM with the base specifications of your choice, you can also enable auto-scaling that will automatically provision additional resources to your server when the base resources are approaching exhaustion.
You can place a limit on the level to which your resources are scaled so that you have full control of your costs as well! Whilst these limits can be changed at any time, you should always consider that the Cloud will always have resources available on demand and so this can deliver a massive performance boost when needed.
2. Instant Virtual Machine Provisioning – Once you have paid for your VMs, they will be provisioned in a matter of seconds so that you can get started with them when you’re ready. If you’re migrating physical servers into the eNlight Cloud then you will be thankful for these fast provisioning times because it will reduce the turnaround time for each migration.
You will also find that you won’t have to waste time installing a majority of applications that we have a number of pre-defined virtual machine templates available for you to use! When setting up a VM, simply choose the templates that you would like to use and your VM will be configured using the OS of your Choice.
3. Flexibility – eNlight Cloud is one the best Cloud environments available in the hosting industry, irrespective of whether you are a beginner or a business looking for a more stable hosting solution. You can manage your needs on a level that hasn’t been available previously, with Dynamic resources being available automatically. Whilst web developers can use their VMs for the development and testing of web applications, SMEs may see a benefit in transitioning their physical servers into the Cloud. The billing estimator will allow customers to see what their budget can buy them, whilst limiting resources to their precise requirements will allow them to save money where possible.
4. Web-based Control Panel and Console Access – eNlight VMs are managed through the web-based control panel that all customers are provided with access to. Using the web based control panel you can create ‘New’ VMs and ‘Modify’ or ‘Delete’ existing ones. You will also be able to view your previous invoices and credit your account with additional funds to finance your eNlight endeavors.
In addition to this you can also view the current resource usage of your virtual machines so that you identify if there is a need to purchase additional resources; if that need exists then these orders can also be placed through the control panel! You can also use the control panel to access your VM’s console, regardless of whether you are using Windows or Linux.
5. Cloud Environment – eNlight is a Cloud hosting platform that is designed to offer the ultimate in security and reliability. Centralized storage units and backups servers guarantee that your services will still be available in the event of hardware failure in any part of the Cloud cluster. Some the core features that eNlight Cloud is based around include:
a. Servers based around the latest high-end Intel Xeons CPUs.
b. High IPOS with redundant 10Gb storage arrays.
c. High quality Bandwidth.
6. Zero Downtime* – Auto-scaling in eNlight Cloud guarantees that your VMs are never going to crash because of a lack of resources. Though you think that your base resources may be more than enough to fulfill demand for the time being, you can never predict load spikes and it is these that often bring down websites. ENlight is entirely based around a cloud architecture that pretty much dispels any potential hardware or software failure.