One of the most important considerations you should make is how much traffic you expect to receive on your website. For many Websites traffic is not an issue but there are some website who receive thousands and lakhs of visitors per day and this puts a heavy load on the web-server. The method that Dedicated Hosting Provider use to determine how much traffic your website receives is called as data transfer. Data transfer is not exactly the same as traffic but the more traffic you get, the more data transfer you will use.
Using the 16K per page example, 1000 MB of data transfer is roughly equivalent to 30,000 page views. Most Web Hosting provider accounts allow you to use 500-2000 MB of data transfer or 15,000 to 60,000 page views per month. You should always use this as a guide to determine whether or not you will exceed your data transfer limit. If you are creating a new Web-site it is difficult to determine how much traffic you will receive but if you have an existing Web Site, you should have a rough estimate.
Once you are done with the type of Web Hosting you needs, the further step is to create your Web pages. This can be done in many ways but the most common way is by using an HTML editor. Popular software for creating this pages include Microsoft FrontPage, Adobe Pagemill, and dreamweaver. With the help of these software you can easily design and develop Web pages without learning HTML. However, you will find that at least a little knowledge of HTML will help you tremendously.
Some Web Hosting providers offer clients software to create their Web pages via the Web browser like Rv site builder etc. This is nice for beginners because they don’t have to purchase additional software and they don’t have to upload their files to their account since the pages are created there. If this appeals to you, be sure to ask any potential Dedicated Hosting Provider if they offer this feature.
By following the tips given below you can Optimize your Windows VPS Hosting running on Virtuozzo:-
1) First of all You must disable Indexing Service. If you are not using FrontPage search bot then you don’t need indexing service running and you must disable it.
2) You should regularly Defrag your VPS drives.
3) Avoid to run antivirus on your VPS.
4) Disable spamassassin checks if you don’t require it in your VPS.
5) Enable Windows Firewall and secure your VPS.
6) Always remember to close your terminal Services sessions and logout, never disconnect directly.
7) Don’t forget that you can manage your VPS through the Virtuozzo Power Panels,.This Virtuozzo power panel includes many features like stop, start, reboot, backup, restore and even mount the filesystem without turning on the VPS.
There are lot of people who are not able suspend and unsuspended their websites on their dedicated servers. Here are the following steps you will need to follow for finishing the task.
You can easily suspend the website on your Windows Dedicated Servers hosting if you have Plesk control panel installed on it. You can do that by following the simple steps given below for suspending the website :-
1) Login to the Plesk control panel and then Select Domains.
2) Select the Domain name you want to suspend.
3) Click on Suspend and the website will be suspended.
4) Now all the services related to the domain name you have suspended will be disabled.
5) The website will not be seen on the Internet, Domain name will be accessible to the owner if you are a Reseller and you have his Domain name on your package/server.
6) He will not be able to Send or receive emails, access FTP and other services related to the domain name.
You can Unsuspend websites on a Windows Dedicated Server even if you do not have a Control panel. However, a control panel makes it easier for you to do that. It will be possible for you to Unsuspend with Plesk control panel easily. Follow the steps given below to do so :-
1) Select Domains and then go to Domain you want to Unsuspend.
2) Now click “Unsuspend”.
3) The Domain name will be Unsuspended and the services related to the specific Domain name which you have Unsuspended can be configured again.