Do you want to know more about ESDS Dedicated Server Hosting Services ?
Read the following Frequently Asked Question’s :
1. Questions on Data center Connectivity, uplink for each Dedicated Servers.
Ans : In total we have 500mbits of network connectivity for our Servers. We have 2×500 Mbps uplinks for our data center. Each Server in our data center is setup on 100 Mbps port, fully-switched port on an edge switch. Each edge switch is then in turn plugged into two separate aggregation switches at 100mbit, with failover redundancy allowing either 100mbit link to fail.
2. Which ISPs do you use for network connectivity of your Datacenter / Servers?
Ans : Our network transit connections are currently to TATA, Reliance and Bharti Airtel.
3. What Brand of Servers/Chassis do you use in your datacenter?
Ans : We use only branded server hardware from Dell, IBM and HP along with the latest state-of-the-art Intel CPUs.
4. What types of hard disk drives (HDD) do you use and what is the speed of those drives ?
Ans :- We offer SATA II hard disk drives on our Dual Core and Quad Core servers advertised on our website, all SATA drives have a speed of 7200 rpm. We provide SAS drives on our range of high configuration Dual Quad Core and Dual 6C(six core) servers. SAS drives have a speed of 15,000 rpm.
5. What are the RAM specifications?
Ans : Our Servers advertised on our website are equipped with DDR and DDR2 RAM starting from 2GB upto 256GB on some high specification multi processor servers.
6. What is your uptime Guarantee for Dedicated servers?
Ans :- We offer 99.95% network and power uptime guarantee on all our dedicated servers.
7. What is your uptime Guarantee for Cloud Computing?
Ans :- We offer 99.95% network and power uptime guarantee on all our Cloud Dedicated Hosting plans.
8. Where is your Support staff based?
Ans :- Our Support staff is based in our Data Center Facility itself and the workstation floor just below the datacenter. Support is offered 24×7 through live chat, phone and email.
9. Do you include a backup service with the Dedicated Server Hosting plans?
Ans : We include a 25 GB remote backup space for free of cost with all our dedicated servers. You can get in touch with system admins after the setup of your server and ask them to setup the backup scripts for you.
10. Do you include any backup software with the Dedicated Server Hosting plans?
Ans : We include R1soft Backup manager software for Disaster Recovery solutions and Backups of all hosted servers. Additional fee of Rs. 1000/- is charged on all servers with R1soft Backup manager. R1soft is the best Disaster Recovery software and Backup software available in the market. Aggressive research has been done by our inhouse team and then we chose to go ahead with R1soft.
11. Do you provide RAID Configurations with your Dedicated Servers?
Ans : We offer RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10 options with our dedicated servers. RAID 1 configuration needs 2 identical drives, RAID 5 configuration needs 3 drives while RAID 10 configuration needs 4 drives.
RAID 1 mirrors data on 2 identical drives which allows you to swap drives in case of failure of one drive. RAID 5 provides data striping at the byte level and also stripe error correction information. This results in excellent performance and good fault tolerance. RAID 10 provides high availability by combining features of RAID 0 and RAID 1. RAID 0 increases performance by striping volume data across multiple disk drives.
RAID 1 provides disk mirroring which duplicates data between two disk drives. By combining the features of RAID 0 and RAID 1, RAID 10 provides a second optimization for fault tolerance. RAID 10 option is available on high configuration servers only.
12. What Operating systems do you Support ?
Ans : We Support Debian, CentOS, Fedora Core, RHEL and Ubuntu on our Linux Dedicated servers while for Windows Dedicated servers we offer Windows Server 2003 Web edition, Windows Server 2003 Standard, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Windows Server 2008 Web edition, Windows 2008 Standard edition and Windows Server 2008 Datacenter edition.
13. What control panels do you support on your Dedicated servers ?
Ans :- We offer cPanel/WHM and Plesk Control panel on our Linux Dedicated servers for additional pricing whilst on Windows servers we offer Plesk and DotNetPanel control panel options. You can install any other control panel as per your requirements but we won’t support those control panels. As a part of our managed service we will provide support for OS related problems only if the control panel is not purchased through ESDS.
14. Is there any money back guarantee on Dedicated servers ?
Ans : We offer 30 day money back guarantee only in case of hardware failure or if the hardware is not as per the advertised specifications. We don’t offer any refunds for software related problems as you should communicate with our support team or the accounts person in charge of your account to get those sorted.
15. Where can I find your TOS ( Terms of Service ) and SLA ( Service Level Agreement ) ?
Ans :- Our TOS is located at http://www.esds.co.in/terms.php
16. Do you offer Load Balanced Servers ?
Ans :- Yes. We do offer Linux Dedicated Servers . We can setup a load balanced cluster using Cisco Load Balancing hardware or using Windows load balancing feature which is inbuilt within the Windows Operating System.
17. Can you provide FTP Server – not free version but licensed version of bulletproof FTP server?
ans:- We can provide you with one month free trial of “BulletProof FTP Server 2010 for Windows”. Paid version will cost Rs. 4000 per year.
18. Which Anti Virus software you offer – Could be AVG server edition.
Ans:- This will be included free of cost with the server. AVG Enterprise edition is also available as an option for free.
19. Firewall options – throw more details on firewall protection.
Ans:- We can provide you with Cisco ASA 5505 Dedicated Firewall for Rs. 5000 per month while Cisco ASA 5510 Dedicated Firewall will cost Rs. 15k per month. We will take care of configuration and maintenance of the Firewall for you.
20. Security structure – throw more details on security aspect on network and server.
Ans:- We install our customized security policy on windows servers which are not behind Hardware Firewall. Our Cisco 6509 Routers have inbuilt security including ADM cards to handle DDoS attacks upto 3Gbps.
21. do you provide RPS??
Ans:- We have eMagic automation in place, which provides you with a portal to reboot or shutdown your server. You can also assign or remove IPs from your server using this eMagic portal.
Do you want to know more about ESDS Managed Colocation Services ?
Read the following Frequently Asked Question’s :
1) Where will my servers be physically colocated?
Ans. ESDS Tier III Data center Facility based in Nashik, Maharashtra
2) What size tower server / RackMount may be colocated at your facility?
Ans. Up to 5U. We can also offer 1U, 2U, 4U, Quarter Rack, Half Rack and Full Rack.
3) Do you allow user owned firewalls?
Ans. Yes, we do allow user owned firewalls
4) Do you allow IRC servers?
Ans. No, we do not allow IRC servers.
5) Do you allow crossconnects?
Ans. Yes, we do allow crossconnects.
6) Explain Meetme Room
Ans. We have Main Distribution room where we can do cross connect using Cat5e, Cat6 and fiber cables.
7) What is your average latency and throughput?
Ans. Avg. latency to UK is 145ms and 250ms to the US
8 ) What type of rack rails do I need to install my server into one of your racks?
Ans. We have racks of 600 * 600 , 600 * 800 , 600 * 1000 mm size, rails of one of these can work.
9) Who are your Transit / Upstream / Bandwidth Providers ?
Ans. TATA Communications, Reliance Communications and Bharti Airtel.
10) Do you provide an uptime guarantee and SLA ( Service Level Agreement ) ?
Ans. Yes, 99.95% uptime SLA
11) How many IP addresses with every colocation server do I get?
Ans. We can provide 2 Dedicated IPs – Standard with colocation services.
12) What type of backup power systems do you have to guard against a power failure?
Ans. N + N UPS systems and then N + N Diesel Generator sets take care of ensuring 100% uptime for clean power distribution to the servers.
13) Will I have 24 hour access to your Nashik Data Center?
Ans. Yes, you will have 24 hour internet access to our Data Center, but personal access to our Datacenter floor is restricted to our staff only.
14) How can I monitor my bandwidth?
Ans. Through our portal – eMagic. Once you sign up, you will receive login details of eMagic portal from where you can monitor your bandwidth usage.
15) How does remote power cycling work ?
Ans. eMagic as well as KVMoIP can be used in order to power cycle your Dedicated Server(s).
16) How quickly can I install my server?
Ans. You can access server using eMagic Portal and install server, if IPMI is supported by your server, otherwise we will give you KVM/IP access.
17) Will I get DNS support?
Ans. Yes, you will get complete DNS support from our technical staff.
18) What kind of support do you offer ?
Ans. We offer 24×7 Toll-Free Phone, Live Chat and Email Support.
19) Can I colocate a desktop (mid-tower or full tower) box?
Ans. Unfortunately, this is not possible.
20) What managed services do you provide with purchase of a colocation package?
Ans. Our Colocation Servers include complete management which begins from basic server installations in the rack to monitoring of services of the server. You will also be able to manage your server with our eMagic Portal. If required, we will also assist you with security tweaks on the server. Of course that will require your permission and without your authentication, we will not be able to carry out any operations.
21) What managed services do you provide for additional fees?
Ans. Although, most services are covered under our managed services. However, if you need custom application installation, then an additional fees can be charged for this.
22) May I visit your colocation facilities?
Ans. Yes, you may visit our colocation facilities at any point of time, but you will be given access to your servers only if you have a Full Rack colocation hosting service, access is not allowed to customers with single server colocation.
23) Will you grant me access to your facilities to administer my own servers?
Ans. Yes, we will grant you access in our facility to administer your own servers hosted in your dedicated rack. However, this will have a time limit depending upon the issue.
24) How can I get a server to you?
Ans. By the best means of Transport which will be collected at our facility and racked as per your guidelines.
25) How high is 1U?
Ans. 1.75 inches only.
26) Do you allow hosting of Email Marketing (aka SPAM) type services?
Ans. No. However we do allow Newsletter or legitimate emailing from our network.
27) What is the difference between Colocated and Leased or Dedicated Servers?
Ans. Here is the difference between Colocation or dedicated servers :
A Dedicated Server is a server provided by a web host for you to rent. You have remote access to the server and you can customize the server to your own needs. The server is owned by the web host and you don’t have physical access to the server.
Co-location means you store your own server at a facility of a co-location provider. A co-location provider provides an Internet connection to your server and allows you physical access to your own server when you need it.
28) Are your facilities carrier neutral?
Ans. Our facility is currently not carrier neutral. However, this will be done soon.
29) What type of cabling would you use for the Colocation Services ?
Ans. Cat6 Cabling as Tia942 standards ( Tier III )
30) What is the Maximum Amps usage of your Rack ?
Ans. 4KW for normal racks, we have different racks of max 6KW also.
31) Any Additional required for Colocating my Hardware ?
Ans. Other than Hardware equipments which suits our racks, no additions are required. ESDS – NOC team will take care of every aspect.
32) What about environmental control and monitoring (temperature/humidity)?
Ans. We maintain 22°C ± 2°C Temperature and 50-55% humidity.
33) What about the network connectivity of my colocation server ?
Ans. Network Connectivity depends upon your requirement. We can either provide you with unmetered 1Mbps, 2Mbps, 10Mbps, 100Mbps, 1Gbps pipe or allocated bandwidth of 500GB – 3000GB per month depending on the plan you choose.
34) What is the cost for a single rack in your facility with 220v 16a of power?
Ans. We charge Rs. 60,000.00 INR per month for a 42U Rack with 16 Amps power.
35) Can your facility support 6 kw of power per rack (i.e. 208v 25a)? If so, how much would that cost?
Ans. We have some racks with 25 Amps power(6kw), these racks will cost Rs. 149,999.00 INR per month.
36) How many racks are available at your facility?
Ans. We have 25 Racks free right now. We can add 400 Racks more in our Datacenter as of now.
37) How many kilowatts of power are available?
Ans. We have 500KVA power right now and our Control panel’s as well as Infrastructure has been designed to handle 2MVA power.
38) What is the cost for 100 mbps of local / domestic internet bandwidth?
Ans. 100Mbps domestic bandwidth will cost Rs. 1,59,999.00 INR per month. Bandwidth prices will reduce in the next 6 – 8 months and we will pass on the benefit to you as and when the bandwidth prices go on reducing.
39) What is the cost for 100 mbps of international / global internet bandwidth?
Ans. 100Mbps International bandwidth will cost Rs. 4,99,999.00INR per month. Bandwidth prices will reduce in next 6 – 8 months and we will pass on the benefit to you as and when the bandwidth prices reduce.
40) What is your level of redundancy in power and cooling systems (i.e. N, N+1, 2N)?
Ans We have N + N Redundancy for power, cooling, Network equipments and cabling.
41) Can you provide metered power (i.e. charge per kilowatt hour rather than by circuit) to large clients?
Ans Yes. This is possible. We pay Rs. 60.00 INR per 5KW of power per hour and based upon the same, we make calculations for Rack / Cabinet / Cage charges and quote accordingly. Additional charges will be applicable depending on the investment in the UPS systems, Generators, Cooling and facility rental charges.
42) Does your facility have 24×7 on-site security?
Ans Yes. We have minimum 7 armed guards all the time in our office campus. Entry to our Data center as well as the office building is restricted through many double door access control systems and all entries are monitored using IP cameras.
43) If you have remote hands, what are their working hours and guaranteed response time?
Ans We have more than 50 staff members working in every shift. Remote hands are free for all our customers as we offer fully managed hosting service to all our customers. You can request our staff to troubleshoot any level of technical problem on Linux, Windows OS, ASX or any other Virtualization software like VMWare, Virtuozzo, Citrix, OpenVZ or XEN.
44) What certifications do you have today or are working on for the future (examples: SAS 70, ISO 27001)?
Ans We have ISO 9001/27001 and ISO27001 certification for our Datacenter. We have applied for few more certifications which include Green Building certification.