Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) is a Constitutional Body established Under Article 315 of Constitution of India which provides a smooth and efficient functioning of Government of Maharashtra (GoM) by providing suitable candidates for various Government posts.
Maharashtra Public Service Commission website is the most sought after site among IAS aspirants. It contains of all the information required to clear the examinations. The website is updated on a daily basis with the most recent information available. The database comprises of lakhs of records due to which during peak traffic, enormous requests received could not be catered, causing the database to hang. The primary reason for this was limited server resources. They wanted a solution that would provide them with flexibility and scalability to cater to the huge demand whenever required.
ESDS understood that the need of Maharashtra Public Service Commission was to ensure sufficient server and resource utilization during expected or unexpected spikes in traffic. Salient characteristics of the solution offered are as follows:
- Intelligent Auto scalable platform: eNlight catered smoothly to their sudden resource requirements. eNlight’s intelligent virtual platform scaled up or scaled down resources dynamically resulting in smooth functioning of the website.
- Optimum Resource Usage: eNlight provisions resources as per demand. During non-peak hours, resources are de-allocated to ensure that necessary resources are only allocated when required.
ESDS provisioned a sustainable eNlight cloud-based model for Kshem Software that is reliable and cost-effective, and gave them an alternative to building and managing a costly infrastructure with multiple, time & resource consuming test environments. Following are the benefits:
- Zero downtime: The repeated problem of downtime during peak hours has been resolved permanently.
- Smooth database access: The database didn’t hang and lakhs of records were processed seamlessly.
- High resource availability: Fast information access and downloads from website.
- Huge Capex not involved: eNlight is a cloud platform hence enormous hardware set-up cost is not required.
DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY