Configuring your dedicated server hardware and network settings can be a complicated process. The operating system is a very crucial element of your dedicated server configuration and you should make sure to choose the right one. Assess your business requirements, traffic statistics and data storage requirements to decide the correct configuration.
- There are two popular versions of operating systems available- Windows and Linux. You should select the one with which you are most familiar and comfortable working with. For a cheaper option you can go for Linux or some of the others like OpenSolaris both of which are open source. Windows operating system will be expensive compared to these.
- Linux OS is a very sturdy, highly efficient OS which is also cost efficient. Before installing it on your server, you can do a test installation on a virtual machine for eg Virtual Box. This will help you to get familiar with all its functions and commands.It will also have its own support with Red Hat Linux with all its applications like Sendmail, Perl etc. You have root access, SSH and FTP access.
- Windows Operating system comes with its own Microsoft user interface, integration, applications and of course, SQL server.
- All the applications and software you select should be compatible with the server- this seems obvious yet is very critical. Once the server is live, you should always avoid changing it or changing any crucial elements of its system to ensure optimum performance.
- You should make sure you have a server that is stable, secure with the latest applications running to ensure longevity. After having paid so much for a dedicated server, this is one area where you have to make sure you get the best value for your requirements.
Please Note: If you are looking for Rich Data Center Web Hosting, Cloud Services, Dedicated Hosting, Colocation or Software Services in India at Affordable Costs, Visit our website at WWW.ESDS.CO.IN.