Project Green Connect- An environment friendly initiative by ESDS
Earlier when a user used to co-locate a server in a data center, they used to face many concerns regarding uptime, power, network, cooling and support. Now-a-days the user is also focused on the data center environment while hosting a server.
As per a study carried out recently, the power consumed by data centers is projected to grow to 200 million MWh by 2019 in US alone. As data center power consumption grows, the carbon dioxide (CO2) emission goes up too. The Study estimates that data centers currently generate 23% of all emissions produced by the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) industry, a figure that continues to trend upwards. According to the U.S Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), data centers in U.S were estimated to produce 44.4 million metric tons (MMT) of CO2 emissions in 2017 and based on historical trends, the estimate is that it will produce more than 79 MMT of CO2 in 2019. To put this figure in perspective, it is approximately one half of the total carbon emissions of the entire airline industry. Data center emissions are projected to actually exceed those of the airlines by 2020.
In its subsequent report, the EPA also mentioned four important consequences of data center energy growth:
- Increased energy costs for businesses and government
- Increased emissions, including greenhouse gases, through electricity generation
- Increased strain on the existing power grid to meet the increased electricity demand
- Increased capital costs for expansion of data center capacity and construction of new data centers
Now the question is, how can we manage our Servers/Data center without affecting Environment? The answer is simple, Green Data centers. A green data center is a location or place for storing, managing, and broadcasting of data, where the mechanical, electrical and computer systems are designed for maximum energy efficiency and minimum environmental impact. The construction and operation of a green data center includes advanced technologies and strategies which are:
- Minimizing the footprints of the buildings
- The use of low-emission building materials, carpets and paints
- Sustainable landscaping
- Waste recycling
ESDS has one such Data center which is India’s most Eco friendly and Power-Efficient data center. The new state-of-art data center brings together some unique environment friendly initiatives under ESDS’ Project Green Connect. With Project Green Connect, we strive to help our company turn greener and reduce our carbon footprints to contribute generously towards Ecological Conservation. From carefully selected building materials to unique power saving systems, we have ensured that we keep our operations and premises a contributing factor in maintaining the environmental equilibrium.
About ESDS’ Data center & Project Green Connect
The Data center building has been constructed in 1 Acre Industrial plot while the total constructed area of the building is 40,000 Sq. Ft. The Data center floor occupies 10,000 Sq. ft. space and is situated between two floors with pre-defined room for future expansion.
The Data center floor has been built using cutting edge heat reduction technology which reduces sensible heat load by almost 97%. With the highest level of security, safety, redundancy, reliability, scalability and technology, the state-of-the-art ESDS Datacenter facility is fully capable of handling mission critical data and applications for customers worldwide. ESDS’ Project Green Connect involves a tree plantation drive, where over 300 trees have already been planted within the data center premises which is surrounded with 30+ fully grown trees which have been retained. A Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) has been set up to ensure that the sewage water is recycled and used for watering those trees and plants. The building also has a Rainwater Harvesting architecture which contributes towards recharging groundwater table. From carefully selected building materials to unique power saving systems, we have ensured that our operations and premises act as a contributing factor in maintaining the environmental equilibrium. The Datacenter dual cavity walls have been built using Cellular Light Weight Concrete (CLC) Blocks which provide better strength to weight ratio as they weigh 1/3rd compared to the commonly used bricks and have a much higher Fire Rating. These blocks also provide better acoustic and thermal insulation creating a temperature difference of up to 4-5 degree Celsius, thereby reducing air conditioning requirement and saving power consumption. Vermiculite Plaster, which are new generation servers and power efficient chillers are some of the other unique features which differentiates ESDS’ data center from any other data center.
With Project Green Connect, we strive to make our company greener, by reducing our carbon foot prints and contributing generously towards Ecological Conservation.
ESDS Company Profile
ESDS is a group of fastest growing IT companies based in UK, USA & India. ESDS has indigenously developed the concept of a high specification; carrier-neutral and fully managed data center in Nashik (India). ESDS has also successfully completed various eGovernance, Data center Turnkey and Core Banking implementation projects in different states across India. We own more than 6,000 servers hosted in our data centers across UK, US, Canada and India. We have our offices in the UK and India, monitoring our entire network and servers. Our Team has developed various portals for private and Government organizations in India and UK. ESDS has successfully executed ERP and SAP implementation projects for many private organizations. ESDS has an experienced team of professional engineers with a proven track record who are committed, responsive and result-oriented. At ESDS, you get high quality service & value for your investment with complete peace of mind.
Advantages through ESDS
- ISO 9001: 2008, ISO 27001: 2005, ISO 20000 – 1: 2005
- First Commercial Green Datacenter in India to offer Fully Managed Data center Services
- Tier III Datacenter with N + N Redundancy for Power, Cooling and Networking
- 24x7x365 monitoring and staffing in the NOC
- Carrier Neutral Datacenter with all Major ISP’s entering the meet me room
- ESDS is the first company in Maharashtra to offer GIS Mapping and APDRP solution
- ESDS is the leading company in Maharashtra providing Core Banking Implementation on Turnkey basis
- ESDS has proved their expertise in E-Governance projects across different states in India
About ESDS Team
ESDS brings in a unique mix of specialists in information technology areas.
Our experts offer every solution requirement that the information technology industry demands. ESDS is geared up to offer a comprehensive suite of services to the IT Industry.
Specialized Teams are formed across different functional specializations like:
- 24/7 Helpdesk and Customer Support
- IT and Data center Consulting
- Photogrammetric 3D Modeling
- GPS & DGPS Survey
- Geospatial Information System & Web Mapping
- Analysis, Implementation & Delivery of Projects
- Network Design and Implementation
- Virtualization Technology and Cloud Computing
- Experience in more than two Cloud Computing Technologies
- Global Server Load Balancing
- Linux and Windows Cluster and Load Balance Technologies
- Storage Technologies (SAN, NAS)
- Linux and Windows Certified Engineers/System Administrators
- Research and Development Team
- Managed Web Hosting and Datacenter Services
- Website and Application Development
- Sharepoint Services
- Email Services (Zimbra and Exchange)
- Media Services
- Disaster Recovery & Backup Solutions
- E-Governance & M-Governance
- 10,000 sq. ft. Total Size for Datacenter Floor
- 1500 KVA On-site Substations
- Cisco Powered Network
- BGP4 Routing Protocol for Shortest Available Path
- N+1 Chloride UPS System
- N+1 Blue Star Precision Air Conditioning Systems
- 22°C +/- 2°C Data Floor Temperature
- 25 Amp Feed per Equipment Rack
- 450 mm Raised Heavy Duty Flooring
- Multiple Fiber Duct Points into the Building
- On-site NOC Engineers Available 24×7
- VESDA – An Aspirating Smoke Detector
- Fire Suppression With Eco-Friendly Highly Effective FM200 Gas
- Multiple Cummins 500 KVA Generators Connected via ATS Systems
- CCTV Camera Monitoring with Minimum 15 Days Archival Record System
- Facility also Supported by 24 hours Back-up Diesel Generators with Full Load Capacity
- Multiple Internet Connections from Different Backbone Providers to provide 100% Uptime
- Secure Premises with 3 meter Fencing, IR Vision Cameras and Electric Entry
- 24×7 Six Layer Secure Entry via Swipe Card System and Bio-Metric Access Control
- Environmental Monitoring System
Let’s make a promise to our self that we will try to reduce the use of every product/service which affects environment.