With the acceptance of this technology-driven era, the need for well-designed user experience (UX) has intensified. UX has become crucial with the rising number of applications, platforms and services that tend to change day by day or even every hour. Artificial Intelligence has taken every industrial sector by storm and promises to enhance UX greatly. AI works behind the scenes to convey an automatic and intuitive response to user requests.
What is the role of AI in UX?
According to a survey done by design professionals, 62% of designers are interested in integrating Artificial Intelligence as a part of their creative process. The increasing volume of big data has complicated the process of analyzing and extracting insights from it. To improve user experience, artificial intelligence has been used by the business. AI’s ability to extract valuable insights and predict customer behaviour enables us to deliver experiences that we never thought.
The predictions say AI will drive 85% of customer interactions by 2020. AI analyzes the adept UX logs to understand human behaviour and customer requirements, later evaluating the customer’s decision process. It reduces human efforts to interpret these logs and predict decisions. Artificial intelligence enables real-time tracking to acquire instant feedback to tailor UX. The interfaces, colours, fonts, automated customer service and push notifications can be modified according to customer preference.
Working of AI in UX
AI technology can improve customer experience with human-like conversations and actions. Let us see what AI can do in the digital realm for generating outstanding UX.
1. User online journey mapping
AI uses the power of predictive analysis to track the online journey of viewers and map them into different sections depending on their online behaviour. AI algorithm can construct a powerful UX that recognizes and predicts user interest. The mapping of the user’s online journey helps to track the path user travels in the course of digital interaction
2. A platform to collaborate
AI is nurturing fruitful collaboration in UX with the power of cognitive intelligence. It helps to make creative decisions, choose and verify a template and offer new choices instead of making critical judgements.
3. Repetitive and lower-value creative tasks
The variations in graphics and content catering to several forms of campaigns demands AI algorithms. AI algorithms can efficiently carry these tasks once the layout rules are entered as an input to the system.
What are the design principles for AI-enabled UX?
Smart applications are the pinnacles of the software industry. Let us look at a few design principles of AI-enabled UX.
1. Decision-making process
Design an AI algorithm that understands the human decision-making process, loyalty and emotions. It may include machine learning techniques, big data analysis and other IT- methodologies. This enables a better UX that may delight the customers.
2. User expectations
Understanding and predicting user expectations will enhance the user experience. Creating tutorials and explaining what the tools can do for them will successfully help in managing user expectations.
3. User data protection
Design AI-enabled UX that utilizes modern methodologies of user data protection like voice and face recognition, fingerprint and multifactor authentication. AI algorithm should be designed such that it requests for permissions every time data is accessed.
4. User feedback
Request customer feedback with the help of AI algorithm making a smarter AI-enabled application. A simple query popup helps to understand user opinion and modify the algorithm.
What are the advantages of moulding artificial intelligence for UX?
AI can work wonders to understand user needs and demands. AI eases UX jobs by collecting data and predicting human behaviour. AI manages to offer a user-centric experience to the customer. Emerging throughout the business world, AI enhances the customer experience exponentially.
1. AI ‘s ability to identify trends in search engine queries and collect consumer insights helps to generate improved judgements on all queries.
2. Artificial Intelligence continuously monitors and tracks every person who has visited the application. It gathers the visitor’s data and delivers the relevant content to your customers, creating an ultimate user experience.
3. To better suit the UX goals, AI examines your system with the general questions to gather and analyze the business data. More specific queries can be included in this process.
4. AI creates improved analytical search terms, deliver recommendations, thus refining the quality of search engine results. It gathers the crucial data to provide more relevant content.
5. It identifies customer likes and dislikes from the data and recommends results considering their preferences.
AI enhances UX by extracting consumer insights and predicting their online behaviour. AI works behind the scenes analyzing the UX logs to evaluate the user decision-making process. AI and UX together can revolutionalize the business process, promising user satisfaction and credibility.
Latest posts by Priyanka Chaudhari (see all)
- Blockchain Technology- a Silver Lining to BFSI Industry - September 11, 2019
- How AI Enhances UX - August 27, 2019
- A closer look at Cloud Gaming – the future of Video Games - July 30, 2019