Collaborative Working Environment For All
Collaborative software has been intended to absorb a group of people in a job where the assigned task and goal to be achieved are same for all. The basic view behind such development is to create a collaborative working environment (CWE) in an organization. At the work place, CWE develops a cooperative atmosphere by working together and supporting each other irrespective of geographical location.
Collaborative software pertains to technical fundamentals of computer supported cooperative work; and collaboration can be official, casual, deliberate or might be unplanned too. Collaborative work system is a practical and systematic tool in view of recognizing behavioral and managerial variables related to formation of GCSCW itself. Instead of recreating every time, using robust collaborative applications, collaborative meeting can be hosted on a server which is Called as Collaborative Virtual Workstation (CVW, In such collaborative sessions, meeting can be arranged in a virtual file cabinet and rooms, by allowing a continuous session to be joined and each user to be logged in afterward.)
Under the concept of Web conferencing, conferencing dealings can be shared by means of locations which are isolated and information across geographically detached locations can be shared concurrently. For all the computerized meetings, training events, lectures or tiny presentations etc applications of Web conferencing; a single person or a whole group can become a member of Web conferencing throughout these applications.
According to group size, participation of a person is permissible through system requirements and obviously the group itself is supposed to handle all these requirements.
In general, system requirements relying on the vendor and service can be made possible through Internet technologies.
Features Of Web Conferencing Are As Follows:
1. Slide show presentations: – Presentation of requisite images for spectators, by means of a provision of markup tools and a remote mouse pointer for the host, to hold addressees during discussion.
2.Streaming video is provided by means of a full motion webcam, digital video camera or multi-media files for the viewers.
3. On web based logins, Web tours enables to move forward URL, the data of cookies, forms, scripts and sessions etc, to further participants, which is required throughout the website demonstration and if in the meantime users are participating.
4.The presentation activity on the client or server side is the Meeting Recording which is required for screening or distributing records.
5.Highlighting the items on the presentation slide, in the form of notes is allowed to the host or attendees by the way of Whiteboard only.
6. Sessions for existing question and answer can be arranged merely to those limited people linked to the meeting by means of Text chat which may possibly public (to all participants) or private (between 2 participants).
7. Polls and surveys, conducted by a host, by means of multiple questions with multiple choice answers are always aimed at the audience.
8. By means of screen desktop and application sharing, no matter what the host has shown presently, everything can be viewed by participants on respective screens; also the remote desktop control manipulates the host’s screen under the same application.
Technologies Of Web Conferencing:
1.VoIP: Voice over Internet protocol is the audio technology for a completely web-based communication.
2. In the same meeting, two participants’ can be made unaware of each other by means of webinars, under concept of Hidden or anonymous participant functionality
3. Normally with elective secrecy, a variety of online facilitation tools such as brainstorming and categorization, various voting methods or prepared deliberations are provided by Electronic meeting systems (EMS). Core web conferencing functionalities such as screen sharing or voice conferencing are not supported though.
Web conferencing sessions, prescribed for interactive online workshops, are appreciable.
Benefits Of Web Conferencing Solution:
1.Without any travel cost, virtual meetings can be performed through sharing screen within multiple participants.
2.Point to Point presentations are uploaded and controlled by means of Power Point Presentation.
3.Entire conference can be managed through only a single interface under the concept of Teleconferencing.
4. Exclusive of network arrangement, the meeting can be attended by means of friendly firewalls and proxy servers, also an online meeting can be continued straight away.
5.Scheduled meetings helps to avoid delays likely to occur due to email invitation
6 By means of understanding and testing, it is allowed for attendees to be familiar with the term, web-conference.
7. Prior to meetings, instant meetings can be conducted through ad hoc and verbal meeting invitations, in spite of sending an email.
8. Devoid of installation and downloading process, conference involvement becomes effortless and usable instantly.
9. Adaptability ensures joining and viewing the same screen in a consecutive manner, regardless of connection speeds of different connections ranging from broadband to 64KB connections.
Online Document Sharing:
Presently in spite of paper file allotment, any PDF document or PPT format becomes sharable, by means of an organized system of electronic document management software. A comparatively faster uploading and downloading process makes this system faster and usable. Moreover a huge file without breaking into smaller units, can be transferable using the same software and yes, of course as a result, it simplifies sharing of documents between business professionals by reducing all probable risks.
By means of such online sharing, people located remotely become capable of working together collaboratively on the same projects, as well as data access system in the software provides safe and sound access to all documents by permitting access to just selected one in a regulated manner. Effectively, shared PDF documents can become not only accessible but also sharable from various locations.
Still, this online sharing software needs to follow a few security regulations in view of making “online sharing of documents fully secure.
Note: Features of Microsoft Word facilitate collaborative writing of documents which are simple and extremely easy to use, also a professional look to documents can be provided without any effort.
Features Of Online Sharing:
1. Track variation by means of creation of new versions for the documents.
2. In view of knowing the latest changes, online sharing system permits multiple authors, but just to modify the document- emailing that document is not permissible. As for fine work, online sharing systems strictly avoid blocking of inboxes principally in case of slow connections and if keeping track of recent changes becomes complicated for document.
3. Access to the document uploaded on the server is streamlined by the online sharing system but, collaborators can access it from multiple versions of document available online, where adding of notes and comments is allowed for Collaborators only.
4. To make online file sharing easier, all communication is coordinated by a common online project workspace to make email updates voluntary to all members.
By means of a single workspace, the entire team of collaborators can be kept informed about the recent changes made in a document.
Advantages Of Online Doc Sharing:
1. Huge files can be transferred without splitting them into smaller sized units.
2. Free document sharing and Pdf file, DOC and also PPT formats are well-designed.
3. Considerably cheaper than paper file sharing.
4. Suitable and swift process
5. eliminates the obligation to send bulky PDF files
In this fashion collaboration is very straightforward to manage and from first to last its applications like online document sharing and web conferencing etc help to manage a project in all aspects.
I wish to apply in your compony.
I m fresher.B.Sc.(comp.sci.)Mumbai Uni.