Features of Co-location Hosting
Many businesses have bulk-purchasing agreements with hardware companies and this is something that they can carry through with the purchase of server and networking hardware; co-location provides businesses that already have their own hardware or wish to use their own hardware with the data center space that they require so that they can host their hardware in a safe and secure environment from which their servers can be accessed from the internet. ESDS operates one of India’s leading data centers from Nashik, Maharashtra; with 24×7 support available from our on-site NOC team and a range of 99.95% up time guarantees signed with a number of suppliers, ESDS can provide one of the most stable co-location platforms available.
The ESDS data center provides over 10,000 sq. feet of data floor space so that we can accommodate for the needs of even the largest corporations. Our co-location packages range from rack space for a single server or two servers all the way up to half a rack or even an entire rack, with the necessary network and power supplies being provided to supplement the needs of your hardware. A number of large corporations require multiple servers to power their network backbone and for some cloud hosting just isn’t the answer, therefore meaning that co-location is the only cost effective answer for those that can supply their own hardware.
Even though some businesses may choose to host their own hardware on-site, hosting your hardware in ESDS’ premier data center can offer you the following features that won’t be available in an office:
- Redundant power feeds and UPS systems are in place to make sure that your servers will still have a power supply to utilize if the primary power supply fails; if these fail then diesel generators are also available to generate power
- The data center building has been constructed in a way that will decrease the overall internal temperature to help with the effort of keeping your hardware cool along with the building’s air conditioning system
- Multiple security features including bio metric access to the data floor and a building-wide CCTV surveillance system ensure that only authorized individuals are allowed anywhere near your hardware; all visitors to the site are recorded and monitored whilst access to server racks is only possible with the correct keys
- The ESDS data center network is powered exclusively by Cisco hardware as this helps us to guarantee that the network is never going to fail or be down because of hardware issues.
Features of ESDS Dedicated Servers
A dedicated server provides a much different experience to co-location hosting; you will be purchasing a physical server from ESDS and although you will never practically own the server, your dedicated server is still yours to access remotely and use as you wish. ESDS offers a range of managed dedicated servers that can be configured using a variety of different options during the order process so that you can develop a dedicated server, which matches your specific set of needs.
For a business of any size a dedicated server is going to represent a significant investment; for the most part a dedicated server is chosen because it can offer the stability that a business require if it is going to make the most of its web presence, as selling goods and services through the internet is one way in which a company can supplement its income streams. ESDS can provide Windows servers and Linux servers with the intention of giving businesses a choice of the platform that they develop their web applications around – some may be more open to the benefits of the open source community, whilst others may prefer the support available with Microsoft applications.
A dedicated server configuration from ESDS will include the following features as standard:
- Two IP addresses will allow you to host your websites on separate IPs if required, allowing you to add SSL certificates if necessary to improve the security of your website
- Full support will be provided by the highly qualified ESDS support team that are available 24×7 waiting to answer your questions, so that you have access to the assistance you may need when setting up or maintaining your dedicated server
- As a Linux dedicated server customer you will have the choice of the c Panel control panel for your server as a means of maintaining your server through a web browser as opposed to direct SSH access; a Windows dedicated server can opt for the Plesk control panel if required.
So, how does ESDS co-location hosting compare to a dedicated server?
Large enterprises will find co-location to be a cheaper and more cost effective option over dedicated server hosting where vast server arrays are required because purchasing hardware in bulk often means that a discount can be obtained from the supplier, whilst the hardware will still have a residual value once it’s at the end of its useful life. ESDS can offer large enterprises the support that they require in order to get their servers setup in our Tier 3 data center; our network is designed to cope with high demand without the performance being impacted in any way, making one of our co-location packages a sensible choice for any business.
Small businesses will be able to see more use in dedicated servers because the resources provided will be more in-line with their requirements; ESDS allows you to configure the resources of your managed dedicated server to meet your needs during the checkout process to ensure that you aren’t left with a web hosting plan that isn’t going to perform to your expectations. Full support will be provided along the way to make sure that the setup goes smoothly and that your web applications function properly.
Latest posts by ESDS ADMIN (see all)
- Resolving 501/550 Error in Round Cube Webmail (cPanel) – March 4, 2015
- What is an IP Address and IP Locator? – February 18, 2015
- How To Improve The Efficiency Of The Cloud? – January 1, 2015