< Back to Search Results
The Storage Administrator is responsible for management of all centralized storage devices. This technology includes the various NAS environments, storage networks, DAS environments and all other technologies classified as a storage technology. The responsibilities will include managing and maintaining the company's storage-based systems and the deployment of these storage technologies.
Required Educational Qualification :
B-Tech, B.E (IT, Computers, or Related Domain)/PG Degree would be an advantage.
Work Type :
Work Experience (in Years):
Job Location :
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with storage and technologies not limited to Dell, NetApp, HP, IBM.
- Ability to learn and communicate technical information.
- Perform activities related to install, configure and managing SAN/NAS devices and fiber switches.
- Install, configure as well as maintain storage hardware backup inclusive of physical plus virtual tape libraries or drives along withdisk storage targets.
- Administer FC switches as well as blade chassis FC devices.
- Execute FC zoning & iSCSI configuration for storage volumes.
- Manage storage snapshots as well as recovery methods for storage volumes.
- Execute across-site replication of significant DR data.
- Supervise volume replication overnight jobs and execute improvements.
- Oversee IO performance of production along with development of databases LUNs.
- Provide architecture as well as performance recommendations to DBAs and Ops team.
- Conduct bottleneck evaluation to identify performance issues.
- Ensure backup methods are in place as well as tested for FC/iSCSI LUNs.
- Develop and maintain records for entire storage for performance & capacity planning.
- Collaborate with various teams to assure optimal storage usage.
- Provide documentation for storage deployments or systems that rely on them.
- Maintain Operations documentation for storage-based platforms.
- Maintain the health of the NAS environments.
- Monitor performance of storage environments and the systems that rely on them.
- Perform emergency maintenance of storage-based systems.
- Create and execute RFCs for storage-based changes.
- Create business documents for new storage-based offerings.
- Work on projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ Years' relevant experience.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills for direct interaction with internal & external teams.
- Display a passion for technology & proactively keep up to date with emerging technologies & practices.